Thursday, February 21, 2008

Email is Efail?

My take on Tantek's Thoughts http://tantek.com/log/2008/02.html#d19t2359.

While I agree there is great benefit to pushing a lot of communication to 1:many forms like blogs, twitter, etc., I find email still works for me in many respects. There are too many kinds of communication to pigeon-hole everything into just a few media.

Some things are best done over the phone, some over IM, some over 1:many media, and some over email.

A friend pointed out that email bloat is almost never a problem, and in fact lack of detail in emails is much more prevalent. I agree. It usually takes an email correspondence of several messages back and forth to get enough detail to proceed with the issue at hand.

Using a great email client, like Gmail, is also a great way to maximize email efficiency.

No comments: